Many of the students are worried about ACCA’s New Session-Based Computer-Based Exams (CBE), as they are unfamiliar with the exam tools used therein. The main concern of students is that they do not know howto practice for the exam. LSBCA ACCA India that is already tutoring ACCA since 2006 and that is an approved learning partner is offering practice of the ACCA exam format.
ACCA session CBEs are computer-based exams designed to more closely reflect your experience in the workplace by using the same technology such as specially designed spreadsheet and word processing questions that you’ll use day-to-day as a professional.They will eventually completely replace the old paper-based written ACCA exam format.
Some the Facts about Session-Based CBEs
Session-based CBE ACCA exams are applicable for papers:
- Performance Management
- Financial Management
These will be available in March, June, September, and December at an approved exam center.
London School Of Business & Certified Accountants is an approved exam center since 2009.
Exam time is 3 hrs and 20 minutes PLUS 10 minutes to read the pre-exam instructions.
Same study materials, learning outcomes and the same standard as previous paper exams. There is no change in content. The big difference is the format, one needs to have a complete practice of typing, and using formulas.
Session CBEs consist of three types of questions:
- Objective Test (OT) questions.
- Objective Test Case questions.
- Constructed Response questions.
Except all the exams Audit and Assurance (AA) has only two sections –
- OT Case questions
- Constructed Response questions.
A little detail about questions types:
OT questions are very similar to MCQ’s . OT questions appear as a multiple-choice, multi response(select all that apply), fill in the blank, drag and drop, select from a drop-down list and hot spot (choosing a point on an image as your answer). They are auto-marked and worth two marks. Whole question to be awarded the mark, as no partial marks will be awarded.
OT Cases are worth a total of ten marks, containing 5 questions based around one scenario and the marks aren’t dependent on each other. That means even if you get the first question wrong,you can still get the next four right.
Whereas in constructed response questions answer is typed into a word processing sheet or a spreadsheet which appears next to your question. It’s not auto marked, but will be marked by a subject-matter expert. Your marker will assess your underlying formula in your spreadsheet too, and not just the final answer.
CBE based exams have loads of exciting new functionality to make sitting your ACCA exams easier.
- Flag option for reviewing the question later.
- Next and previous buttons.
- Navigator tool help to filter questions if flagged, complete, incomplete or unseen.
- On-screen timer and item review screen and 15-minutes remaining alert.
- On–screen calculator; but you can also bring your own physical scientific calculator.
- On-screen scratch pad for rough work, still you can ask for rough sheet.
- Highlight and strike through options
- Scroll alert
- Screen splitter bar, it can be dragged.
- Reference material including formula sheets or tax tables.
- Help gives you tips on formatting, functionality and spreadsheet use.
- Some ‘seeded questions’ will be included for quality assurance purposes to ensure a fair and equal exam, although they won’t contribute to your final result. There will be 110 marks of exam content, of which 100 marks contribute to your results. These could appear in Section A(five single OT questions) or within Section B (five OT questions based on the single scenario).
Many of the students are concerned about what happens if there is technical issue during the exam. This is incredibly unlikely to happen because LSBCA ACCA CBE exam center is run by highly trained professionals and the computers are well-maintained, but if it did happen, just like an unexpected event during a paper exam. LSBCA technical team have exception measures and contingency plans in place so students aren’t at a disadvantage.
Now lets talk about how you will get benefited from CBE
Paper exams demand good handwriting from students,there might be a chance that the checker won’t understand the content. CBE ensures that your answers are readable, and you don’t loose any silly marks. ACCA is trying to build skills of students with the tools you’ll be genuinely using in your career.
The session CBE format ensures that the students who know the syllabus well and who have studied hard are more likely to pass. The OT and OT Case questions are automatically marked. They’re black and white, right and wrong answers, so the computer program can easily differentiate.
The important thing is to practice the new question format. To make sure you’re totally confident and prepared for the exam, practice as much as possible to understand everything about the new format. OT and OT Case questions are simple multiple choice questions but Constructed Response questions take more time getting used to.
For more information or any queries please contact below:-
Phone +91 – 9541120113